Starting from version 1.0, Back In Time support profiles.
Set where to save snapshots and schedule automatic backups: disabled, at every boot, every 5 minutes, every 10 minutes, every hour, every day, every week, every month.
Automatic backup use cron jobs so cron must be running.
Starting from version 1.0, snapshots are stored in
<SELECTED DIRECTORY>/backintime/<MACHINE>/<USER>/<PROFILE ID>
You can force to use a different <MACHINE> / <USER> / <PROFILE ID>.
Select files/directories you want to backup.
Select what to exclude for the included directories.
You can automatically remove snapshots older then a specific date or if the free space is less then a specified value.
Smart remove allow you to reduce the number of snapshots using the following rules:
- keep all snapshots from today and yesterday
- keep one snapshot for the last week and one for two weeks ago
- keep one snapshot per month for all previous months of this year
- keep one snapshot per year for all previous years
You can also specify is auto-remove should keep named snapshots (default true).
- Enable notifications: if there is an error while taking a snapshot it will display a notification popup.
- Disable snapshots when on battery (useful for laptops)
- Backup files on restore: if you restore files/directories backup files it needs to replace
- Continue on error: keep snapshots even if it detect errors
- Run nice as cron job (default: enabled)
- Run ionice as cron job (default: enabled)
- Run ionice when tacking manual snapshots (default: disabled)
- Preserve ACL (default: disabled)
- Preserve extended attributes (default: disabled)